Saturday, July 10, 2010

An Angry Introduction

Hi.  My name is... nevermind, it's probably not a great idea for me to tell you my name, personal safety and all that.  You can just call me The Angry Waiter.  Yeah, I know, there are hundreds, no... thousands of us out there.  The guy who waited on you last night was probably an Angry Waiter, maybe it was me.

I've waited tables for years.  It's not because I'm stupid, or I'm unmotivated, or because I can't do anything else.  It's because I used to like it, and it pays the bills.  Over the years though, I've become jade.  Or maybe I've just seen the light.

People are rude, people are annoying, people can be idiots.  They're hypocritical, they don't pay attention, and they bother the people around them.  This blog is about them.

I'm writing this primarily as an outlet for my own frustrations and irritations, but I am also writing this to educate and entertain.  Those of you who wait tables or have in the past will hopefully relate and enjoy reading my posts.  Those of you who have never waited tables, maybe you can learn something.  Everything I say is completely true, I've seen every thing I post here with my own eyes, and heard countless accounts of similar events.  If you're in the industry, you've seen it all too.

So, that being said, I hope you enjoy my posts, and feel free to share your similar experiences in the comment.  In fact, I encourage it!

--The Angry Waiter

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." - Ray Bradbury



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for starting this and keep going.
    I bartended for years on Bourbon and got to a point where I would call the bouncer (an angry man looking for an excuse to use his steel toe'd boots on any poor sap) to drag some idiot away and feel incredible joy when he would most likely get pummeled. This outlet probably would have saved a few touron's spilled blood and helped with the heavy drinking with co-workers, but of course if we didn't have our customers to bitch about what would we have stayed up until seven in the morning doing.

    ReplyDelete